CMSA Meeting Minutes – Friday, June 9, 2017
Meeting Agenda (2 hours)
· Intro (15 mins)
o Getting food, call for new agenda items
· Updates (5 mins) and approve minutes (2 mins)
o Type in your updates here before the meeting (http://bit.ly/2bOpUSX). Any critical updates can still be brought forward to council at this time.
o BIRT that CMSA council approves May minutes to be posted to calgarymsa.com
§ Mover: Lenka Stafl
§ Seconder: Na’ama Avitzur
§ Motion passes
Presentations, Reports and/or Discussions:
CMSA Constitution Review
Review of the Political Structure
Presenter: Nicole Thompson
Estimated time: 1 hr
- Elective rep -> under VP Academics
- Resolution for Interest Groups
o Interest groups -> FMIG/RMIG shouldn’t be elected into CMSA; change their roles (more specific) and put them under VP External
o Remove EMIG as elected position
o Make sure to take interest groups off the website.
- Director of Community Initiatives – Give budget line, no longer an IG. (Talk to Paige about this)
- Calgary Guide vs. Black Book: Should both Calgary Guide and Black book Rep be elected. Talk to reps regarding this.
- Clerkship Committee Rep will be removed from elections handbook (and spring elections). Clerkship representatives or president will fill position if VP Education cannot.
- RSS – Look at the feasibility of this group. Talk to Kea and Usama.
- Exam Rep – Will move to two reps.
- Election Ties – Exec roles will have a re-election. Non-exec roles will be dealt with on a case by case basis.
- President will talk to Coderre and Busche about GEP and Professionalism Rep. Training in professionalism/conflict resolution.
o GEP and Professionalism -> both under SAW
- Humanities Rep – Needs a budget line. Reports to VP GH.
- Thank you rep – VP SAW
- VP Events – Create event coordinators (4) for portfolio to delegate specific events.
- Advocacy Day will now be under GAAC.
- Discuss Skills Days at a later day (too many, not well received).
- LOGHE – Will be selected via an internal process in the GHC.
- International Elective reports to VP GH.
- Alberta College of Family Physicians should be elected under VP External
- Canadian College of Family Physicians
- Taking the above positions away from FMIG and RMIG ^
- VP Provincial will be created (AMA Rep)
- Clerkship Rep (2)
- EMIG (2)
- Med Show Director
Positions to Discuss:
- FMIG media coordinator
- Director Community Initiatives
- Black Book Reps (3)
- RSS coordinators (2)
- Professionalism Reps (2)
Reflection of Team Dynamics
Presenter: Lenka Stafl
Estimated time: 1hr