May 2017 Meeting

CMSA Meeting Minutes – Monday, May 8, 2017

 

Attendance:

 

Sarah Smith

Lauren Griggs

Uzair Jogiat

Nicole Thompson

Alex Dittrich

Stephanie Smith

Lenka Stafl

Na’ama Avitzur

 

 

Absent:

Steven Toor

 

Meeting Agenda (2 hours)

·       Intro (15 mins)

o   Getting food, call for new agenda items 

o   Announcements

§   

o   BIRT that CMSA council approves April minutes to be posted to calgarymsa.com

§  Mover: Na’ama Avitzur

§  Seconder: Alex Dittrich

§  Motion passes

 

 

Presentations, Reports and/or Discussions:

Presentation on student outreach for Q&As and High School Undergrad events

              Presenter: Alexis Scarello

              Estimated time: 5min

Notes:

-          Need to determine which portfolio it would fit under

-          Good to have people who are trained in how to talk to potential medical students. Want to make sure it reaches out to all students, not just those at U of C

-          Want to partner with UME / Admissions to ensure its official

-          To be discussed more at the retreat and a formal request brought to UME for their assistance

 

Presentation on Climate Change Officer position

Presenter: Danielle Smith

Estimated time: 10min

Notes:

-          Put it within GHA? Or under LOGHE?

-          To be discussed at the retreat

 

 

Planning of CMSA Retreat (June 9, 2017)

Estimated time: 30min (10min talk, 20min discussion)

-          Review of the Constitution

-          Drafting of VP Comms and Editing/Addition of other CMSA positions

-          Reflection on our team dynamics

Notes:

-          Goals:

o   Looking at constitution and correct any errors; look at roles within constitution and see if they’re realistic and change them if need be

o   Looking at the positions and structure of CMSA -> who reports to who, what positions exist, etc.

o   How team is functioning/team dynamic’s

o   Discussion on legacy project(s)

o   Update elections handbook and constitution

-          Everyone should review the constitution beforehand

-          Team building lunch and 15 min dedicated coffee break

-          Agenda -> Lunch (Moose’s, Gus’s, etc.) until 2, meeting until 6-7

-          September -> meeting with UME key players with new council

 

 

Unfinished Business:

BIRT the CMSA provide funding for the purchase of female goalie hockey gear to be used during Ice Bowl/Friday hockey.

Mover: Na’ama Avitzur

Seconder: Alex Dittrich

Notes:

-          Athletics Director -> Friday hockey put under that portfolio?

-          Discussion to continue outside of council – Alex, Luc, Lauren to discuss

-          Table indefinitely

o   Mover: Sarah Smith

o   Seconder: Lenka Stafl

 

 

New Business