April 2017 Meeting

CMSA Meeting Minutes – Monday, April 10, 2017

 

Attendance:

 

Sarah Smith

Lauren Griggs

Uzair Jogiat

Nicole Thompson

Alex Dittrich

Stephanie Smith

Lenka Stafl

Emily Macphail

Steven Toor

Franco Rizzuti

Brad Prince

 

 

Absent:

Na’ama Avitzur

 

 

Meeting Agenda (2 hours)

·       Intro (15 mins)

o   Getting food, call for new agenda items 

·       Updates (5 mins) and approve minutes (2 mins)

o   Type in your updates here before the meeting (http://bit.ly/2bOpUSX). Any critical updates can still be brought forward to council at this time.

o   Announcements

§  Will no longer use the updates document; will give 2 mins updates if tey have them

§  SGM and CCME approaching – message Uzair if you have agenda items for the PRT

o   BIRT that CMSA council approves March minutes to be posted to calgarymsa.com

§  Mover:

§  Seconder:

 

 

Presentations, Reports and/or Discussions:

Discussion on the Political Structure of the CMSA. Focused on VP External, VP Communications, VP Events Positions, and any structural issues identified thus far.

Presenter: Stephanie Smith

Estimated time: 45min-1hr

Notes:

VP External

-          In future, advocacy day put under GAAC -> let him decide if he wants to run or put out a call for co-chairs

-          Appoint CFMS rep

-          Appoint PARA rep

-          Provide opportunity to GAAC to coordinate Advocacy Day

-          Stephanie will speak with curriculum director regarding pulling her attendance from CFMS

-          A re-write of the VP External section of the constitution will be written

VP Events

-          A change to VP Events position from 1 to 2 people will be written into the constitution and proposed  

VP Communications

-          Tabled until next month’s meeting

 

Comment on Transition Documents

Presenters: Uzair Jogiat

Estimated time: 5 min

Each individual VP to complete their transition document and we will review them in the June council meeting

 

Clerkship committee

-          Rescind positions – VP Academics will sit on council; was missed from earlier years, out of line with constitution, unanimously agreed to within council

 

Need to make appropriate changes to the constitution for next meeting; will be voted on

 

 

Unfinished Business:

BIRT the name of our student “Mentor” program be changed to “Peer Advisor” in order to clarify and differentiate the support roles we have in place for the incoming class.

Mover: Lenka Stafl

Seconder: Nicole Thompson

No follow-up required

 

BIRT the president’s budget be amended under the budget line of CMSA Team Building from $700 to $2000 and renaming it to CMSA Planning Retreat.

Mover: Stephanie Smith

Seconder: Nicole Thompson

Possibly date of retreat – May 12th/June 9th

 

 

New Business

BIRT the CMSA provide funding for the purchase of female goalie hockey gear to be used during Ice Bowl/Friday hockey.

Mover: Na’ama Avitzur

Seconder: Alex Dittrich

Item will be dropped and discussed outside of CMSA with Friday Hockey lead

                                                              

BIRT the CMSA add a second VP of Events Position for the incoming class of 2017.

Mover: Alex Dittrich

Seconder:

To be addressed at the CMSA retreat

 

BIRT VP External appoint a CFMS Representative and a PARA representative, and provide GAAC with the opportunity to coordinate Advocacy Day.

BIFRT the CMSA council formally adopt these changes in the next constitiution revision prior to the election of the next council.

Mover: Alex Dittrich

Seconder: Nicole Thompson

Motion passed