Meeting Agenda (2 hours)
· Intro (15 mins)
o Getting food, call for new agenda items
· Updates (5 mins) and approve minutes (2 mins)
o Type in your updates here before the meeting (http://bit.ly/2bOpUSX). Any critical updates can still be brought forward to council at this time.
§ Need a second VP events
§ Need to review organizational chart
o BIRT that CMSA council approves January minutes to be posted to calgarymsa.com
§ Mover: David Reading
§ Seconder: Sunny Ho
Presentations, Reports and/or Discussions:
Motion to make the Skills Chair position for the Medical Skills day an elected CMSA position.
Presenter: Melissa Bouwsema
Estimated time: 5 min
- Looking to make it an elected position for 2 positions
- Want to make sure it doesn’t overlap and other groups are doing the same thing
- Could clubs director help to organize this event by working with the individual interest groups?
- Would be elected in Spring election
Discussion on Transition
Presenters: Katy Petrovitch, Small Groups
Estimated time: 30 min
- For next meeting, figure out what money could be put towards
Current Global Health Structure and alignment of positions/interest groups
Presenter: Nicole Thompson
Estimated time: 7 min
- Presentation on overlap between student groups and Global Health portfolio
- Want alignment and communication to improve
BIRT the following be approved as parliamentary procedures for CMSA Meetings
Order of Business
1. Call to Order
2. Notation of members present
3. Approval and/or amendment of minutes
4. Presentations, reports and/or discussions
5. Special orders
6. Unfinished business
7. New business
Details of Debate
1. Debate will proceed in a pro/con manner (3 pros followed by 3 cons)
2. Questions will be dealt with prior to moving on to the next speaker (Point of Information)
3. Members can reference Roberts Rules for the CMSA during meetings, and the membership can introduce new elements that they see fit in future CMSA meetings.
Additional details: I will be posting this and the additional long-form of the Roberts Rules document that I created on our CMSA Facebook page.
Mover: Sarah Smith
- Will bring laminated forms next time with information, baby steps in implementing this
BIRT the CMSA will allocate $50 to a card and gift basket to be delivered to April Gustavson, on behalf of the classes of 2017, 2018, and 2019, to remind her during this rough time how much she’s cared about.
Update: email went out today, basket was delivered, under $50
BIRT the position of Skills Day co-chair becomes an elected position, in the Spring Election for each respective class.
Additional details: Currently there is no formalized process for selecting the 2 individuals that will lead the Skills Day committee (composed of interest group representatives). Skills Day is an annual event.
Mover: Lauren Galbraith
Seconder: Madison Peaker
Motion not passed
Feedback: Put under FMIG/RMIG?
BIRT VP External will be responsible for selecting class members to attend any External events associated with CFMS, AMA, CMA and Federal Lobby Day. When a conflict of interest is present VP External will request that President select two CMSA executive members to assist VP External in the selection process. (10 minutes)
Mover: Stephanie Smith
Seconder: Nicole Thompson
BIRT pending the annual $2000 in funding supplied by the UME under the title "IFMSA" be used to send one student to the annual spring International Federation of Medical Student's Conference, and that this student will be selected through an application submitted to the Senior VP External, Senior President and Junior President.
Mover: Chantal Badger
Seconder: Nicole Thompson